SCY played a key coordinating role in the bid to secure over £19.7 million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the third largest single European investment in the region.
SCY headed up the multi-partnership project, commissioned by the University of York and in conjunction with The Food and Environment Research Agency, to develop critical new infrastructure and enhance links between York's world-class research base and industry.
Closely involved in all aspects of the bid, SCY:
- Chaired the project team;
- Contributed to bid drafting
- Drew up partnership agreements;
- Helped secure approval from regional government and ultimate sign-off by Brussels;
- Negotiated final contract terms;
- Is responsible for overall project management and financial claims.